Inspiration, trust, and passion are at the heart of Travelzoo. Every week our global team creates irresistible and rigorously reviewed offers that get our 30 million members exploring the world through travel, entertainment, and lifestyle experiences. Our long-standing expertise, appreciation of other cultures and high standards are key to creating value for our members.
Travelzoo is seeking a Editorial Director (Publisher) to provide strategic leadership on content development and creative leadership on the curation and presentation of content across platforms. This individual will collaborate across departments and disciplines so a team oriented and outcomes-driven approach is a must.
- Have a degree in Journalism and are an extraordinary writer (and copy editor) – trained with the ability to bring our deals to life in a very succinct and inspiring way
- Have a passion for travel and lifestyle deals
- Understand what makes a great deal through research against other comparable deals in market, test booking to ensure that the deals are real, and write about them using the same voice you’d use if talking to an intelligent friend
- Know how to communicate your thoughts about a deal to our internal teams: the good, bad and here’s how to make it better. Able to speak up and be the voice for our members
- Capable of building out deal emails in our system, making sure that the right deal is targeted to the right audience
- Know how to monitor and report on email engagement and analytics, including opens, clicks and revenue per email
- Feel motivated to support our Top 20 publisher with headline copy edits and any other necessary tasks
- Feel open to feedback and direction while also providing new ideas
You are ideally…
- Familiar with the travel or hospitality industries (e.g. hotels, tours, air travel, restaurants and dining, entertainment) a plus
- An excellent verbal and written communicator. This is mandatory for this position
- A high-performance thinker with a strong work ethic and sound judgement
- Degree educated or equivalent in journalism or communications
- A rising professional with 7-10 years’ experience in digital travel or lifestyle publishing, or communications.
- An experienced manager
What’s in it for you…
- Broaden your horizon by working in an international team and potentially in a different country
- Experience one of our travel deals first-hand – we call it the Travelzoo Experience
- We recognize your achievements with our employee awards
- Enjoy working like an entrepreneur? Our flat hierarchies will provide you with this opportunity
- Meet and network in our workspaces in the heart of vibrant cities
- Enrich your career perspectives by joining our global mentorship program
- Is life-long learning important to you? We offer online and offline learning options
- We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages
If you are excited about this opportunity and feel intrigued by our values of “leading by example”, “warm heart”, “cool head” and “working hands”, then we would like to get to know you!