Inspiration, trust, and passion are at the heart of Travelzoo. Every week our global team creates irresistible and rigorously reviewed offers that get our 30 million members exploring the world through travel, entertainment, and lifestyle experiences. Our long-standing expertise, appreciation of other cultures and high standards are key to creating value for our members.
Travelzoo is seeking a Marketing Director in our Toronto office. The marketing team is responsible for acquiring and retaining Travelzoo members; increasing brand awareness through public relations, social media and brand marketing; and elevating our brand perception across everything that we do. The team also establishes Travelzoo as a thought leader in the travel industry and increases B2B demand for our products and services in partnership with our sales teams.
Do you feel...
- Energized to take on management of our social media channels, bringing ideas and a test-and-learn orientation to drive follower and engagement growth
- Enthusiastic to work with marketing colleagues in other countries to share best practices and learnings and work with cross-functional teams to coordinate multi-channel campaigns
- Curious and resourceful to research new emerging platforms and tools to find new ways to deliver growth and to creatively solve problems
- Confident in distilling communications’ objectives into ad headlines, campaign creative, video scripts, social media, press releases and other brand communications
- Experienced writing briefs that result in on-brand, high quality work from creative and PR agencies
- Experienced developing and managing multi-channel campaigns including both online and offline components
- Motivated to work with other teams to make the case for cross-functional projects, laying out cost benefit and business impact in order to obtain alignment and required resources
You are ideally…
- Degree educated (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Journalism, or Hospitality
- A rising professional with 7-10 years of experience, including direct experience in a related field (Digital Media, PR, Advertising)
- A high-performance thinker with a strong work ethic and sound judgement
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
- Experienced at managing social media channels with a track record of driving significant follower and engagement growth
- Comfortable working with quantitative and qualitative insights to understand user behavior
What’s in it for you…
- Broaden your horizon by working in an international team and potentially in a different country
- Experience one of our travel deals first-hand – we call it the Travelzoo Experience
- We recognize your achievements with our employee awards
- Enjoy working like an entrepreneur? Our flat hierarchies will provide you with this opportunity
- Meet and network in our workspaces in the heart of vibrant cities
- Enrich your career perspectives by joining our global mentorship program
- Is life-long learning important to you? We offer online and offline learning options
- We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages
If you are excited about this opportunity and feel intrigued by our values of “leading by example”, “warm heart”, “cool head” and “working hands”, then we would like to get to know you!