Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. A career at Travelzoo is more than a job -- it’s a calling.
Think like a co-founder and join Travelzoo’s first-ever marketing team in Canada, which formed just over a year ago. We have huge ambitions to grow the Travelzoo brand in Canada and are looking for someone to help us build the plane as it flies. You are ideally just as excited as we are to continue growing the momentum built up over the past year – successes include a nationwide brand collaboration with Roots, and an influencer partnership with a Top Chef Canada judge.
Make a real impact here – your job is not to dust off last year’s annual plan and execute the same thing again this year – we are looking for a self-starter who’s keen to leave a legacy. You are an ego-less individual who loves to go both high and low – from high-level long-term marketing strategy, to rolling up your sleeves to just get the job done. You are a master project manager with proven brand-building experience at major lifestyle brands and have fresh ideas to contribute to this small-but-growing marketing team consisting of past tech start-up and ex-CPG brand marketers.
You ideally have a passion for travel and a proven track record inspiring disruptive creative, as well as years of experience in leading/pitching new brand partners, managing integrated brand campaigns, managing social media strategy, and executing PR projects with agency partners. This role is in Toronto and supports both Toronto & Vancouver offices.
Responsibilities include but are not be limited to:
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing in long-term strategy and annual planning to build the Travelzoo brand and grow an engaged digital audience in Canada
- Lead on partnership marketing strategy (including revenue-generating partners and unpaid collabs) and own the funnel end-to-end, from pitching brand partners directly, to program design, to execution & reporting. This role is expected to hit specific targets around revenue generated from paid partnerships, as well as other deliverables for in-kind brand collabs
- Lead Canada-wide integrated marketing campaigns (5+ channels), from insight-driven strategic planning, to briefing agency partners, and aligning stakeholder groups
- Lead communications projects: influencer relations, ongoing project briefs & relationship management with our PR agency, and social media strategy
- Evaluate new opportunities & channels to enter, mapping this against our strategic priorities and KPIs, and building recommendations and go-forward plans
- Mentorship and coaching to the rest of the marketing team
- Liaise with Publishing team to execute the annual editorial content calendar
- Liaise with Global marketing team based in Asia, and marketing teams around the world
- Other projects on an as-needed basis: Reporting & post-campaign analysis, social media strategy, creative & video production, event planning, business data analytics, client creative
- Act as an advocate for our members (the ‘consumer’) 24/7, with a strong understanding the long-term value of brand equity and digital audience building
- University degree in Marketing, Management, or Business
- 6+ years’ experience in marketing role managing premier lifestyle brands (preferably w/ P&L experience), including 4+ years in agency management and directly managing projects that involve creative studio production
- Experience in media and building/growing engaged digital audiences
- Preferred: Sales or marketing partnership pitching experience
- High emotional intelligence: empathetic, resilient, values-driven, people-first
- Entrepreneur mindset: scrappy, thrives in ambiguity, bias toward action, solutions-oriented
- A relentless high-performance focus, proactive work ethic and sound judgement
- Project management is in your DNA, and you prioritize based on effort vs impact
- Communications: You speak and present with impact and have a high degree of comfort with long-form writing (ex. press releases).
- Comfort working with an international team (multiple time zones & video conferences); Travelzoo has 25 offices in 11 countries & we work with counterpart marketing teams closely
- Occasional travel (typically North America – New York head office)
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- RRSP plan
- Entrepreneurial culture with global career development opportunities
- Travel perks, including an annual stipend and extra vacation days to experience Travelzoo’s deals
- Free breakfast every Friday (bagels, croissant – you name it) and a fully loaded snack and beverage selection all week long
- Monthly team social events (past events include Budweiser Stage concerts, rooftop patio outings, tree-planting volunteer days, Johnnie Walker whiskey tastings, and more)
- Office is conveniently located in downtown Toronto, above the Eaton Centre (Yes, you will have a killer view of the CN Tower, and the mall in your backyard)
- Smart casual dress code & an open-office environment with good tunes all the time
If you are a globally-minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!