Travelzoo is a trusted online publisher of travel and entertainment deals sourced by Travelzoo Deal Experts around the world. Established in 1998, Travelzoo has been publishing travel and entertainment offers for more than 20 years. Travelzoo has 25 offices in 11 countries and an audience of 28 million members globally. We research, test and evaluate travel and entertainment offers to ensure they are high value, accurate and available at the date and price advertised.
Our sales team acquires customers and negotiates attractive travel deals that delight our members. Through regular market research, analysis of industry trends, and considering the needs of our members, our team develops strategic sales goals and builds relationships in the travel industry.
For our office in Munich we are seeking a Sales Manager [Travel] (f/m/d)
The Sales Manager [Travel] is responsible for accelerating our growth within the German online media sector as a part of our travel sales team. Our travel team acquires and supports customers from the areas of tour operators, travel agencies, cruise lines, airlines and tourist offices. Your challenge is to drive forward the growth of Travelzoo's Travel Media division in Germany with a great deal of initiative and to contribute to the further success of the company.
- Develop successful advertising sales relationships within the German travel industry, both via telephone and in person
- Sales focus on airlines, cruise operators, tour operators or tourist offices
- Meet or exceed quarterly sales goals, through account development and new business
- Consultatively sell Travelzoo’s suite of online media opportunities
- Evaluation of campaign results and development of long-term, stable customer relations
- Work with colleagues globally to ensure that opportunities are fully leveraged and the very best content for our members is secured
- Expansion of the internal network and close cooperation with other departments
- Represent Travelzoo at various industry events
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Expertise in the tourism industry or online media is an advantage
- A proven ability to plan, develop and execute online sales strategies
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal communication skills with particular emphasis on presentation, sales expertise, and negotiation techniques
- Entrepreneurial thinking, good target, solution and customer orientation
- Good analytical skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Power Point)
- Ability to achieve results while working independently
- Reliability, sovereign and dynamic appearance
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent German and English skills
- Competitive salary
- Unique incentives such as an annual stipend to experience Travelzoo’s deals and employee discounts
- Flat hierarchies and a highly motivated team
- Various development options and career opportunities
- International exchange and cooperation with colleagues around the globe
- Best working conditions and modern offices in the heart of Munich
Interested? If you enjoy working in an international, innovative organisation with a cooperative team, we look forward to receiving your application, which should include a motivation letter, your CV, salary expectation and availability.