Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. We love what we do, and our team works hard to make an impact.
Travelzoo is seeking a Marketing Manager, Social Media who will serve as the architect and driver of Travelzoo’s organic social media strategy, working with the Head of Marketing and other department heads to ensure the strategy supports company goals and cross-functional initiatives.
The Marketing Manager, Social Media will develop an overarching social media strategy that cascades down into savvy tactics for each social media channel and manage the execution of strategy and tactics in all active channels utilizing internal and external resources as well as being personally hands-on.
This role is a cornerstone of our Marketing Team’s mission to champion the Travelzoo brand, interact with our members and support our position as the world’s leading publisher of travel deals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop an over-arching organic social media strategy and execute accordingly- develop a portfolio of proven content themes for each active social channel with an additional “test lane” for continuous testing and analysis of new ideas.
- Establish a KPI dashboard for organic social media results and share reporting with headline analysis on a frequent regular basis, with a deeper dive review of results in cross-functional meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Serve as the in-house subject matter expert on social media trends with a practical lens on how those trends can be best leveraged by Travelzoo. Stay abreast of competitive developments and tactics that are employed by respected brands in the travel and travel-adjacent spaces.
- Source and manage influencer relationships to help fuel powerful marketing campaigns.
- Establish and lead community management strategy and oversight that encourages positive engagement of members and deftly handles sensitive interactions.
- Work with sales leadership and partnerships director to build compelling, monetizable social content components into sales/partnership proposals, and manage internal and external resources to execute upon them.
- Manage internal and external freelancers, agency personnel and interns to support ongoing posting and community management.
- Understand the tools and platforms that will enable successful execution of tactics and recommend new / replacement options when applicable.
- At least 4-5 years of experience in managing social media channels and developing creative social media campaigns for a media company or other consumer-facing brand
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, editing skills and attention to detail; experience working cross-functionally with Sales and Editorial teams
- Demonstrable expertise tapping into influencer networks to amplify marketing campaigns and substantially increasing brand exposure
- Thrives at the intersection of creativity and analytics
- Resourceful at finding solutions to make a big impact without a big team
- Highly effective at managing multiple new projects while keeping established day-to-day processes running smoothly
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) plan
- Entrepreneurial culture with global career development opportunities
- Travel perks, including an annual stipend and extra vacation days to experience Travelzoo's deals
If you are a globally-minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!